Moving Checklist by Packers and Movers Pune
Everyone can get benefit of having a moving checklist when it comes to move home from one place to another. Whether you are moving apartment form one locality to another in Pune or relocating to another city of India, a moving checklist will be an essential tool for planning your move properly and getting everything organized. Here is your complete moving checklist. Have a look, print it, or keep it with yourself.
8 Weeks to Go
- Plan your moving method --- DIY moving, truck rental or hiring packers and movers.
- Make inventory of your all items into keep it, throw it, donate it and sell it.
- Start collection free moving estimates from professional packers and movers companies of Pune.
- Research warehousing & storage facilities, if you need on your move.
- Prepare a budget for your move. Decide how many budget you have for your moving expenses.
- Create a moving file/folder to keep tracking of moving records, estimates, receipts, inventory, etc.
- Start researching your new city/new community.
- Research options for banks, doctors, dentists and schools at your new place.
- Collect all the important documents you will need to setup new accounts at your new place.
7 Weeks to Go
- Finalize moving method and make necessary arrangements.
- Get moving estimates in writing from at least three packers and movers in Pune.
- Invite movers to your home to make survey and do an inventory of your belongings.
- Make a list of organizations you will need to change your address.
- Keep important documents, papers, prescription records, etc in to moving folder/file.
- Ask doctors/dentists for referrals in your new city.
- Collect certificates from school for your children and transfer them to new place.
- Collect legal and financial records well in advance.
- Contact with other organization for cancel or transfer of your memberships.
- Cancel or transfer all types of subscriptions; such as newspaper, milk, cable, internet, gas, electricity, etc.
6 Weeks to Go
- Make arrangements for moving your valuables, important documents, etc.
- You should never put such valuable items and documents onto the moving truck.
- Plan how you will move vehicles, plants, pets and valuables.
- Begin sorting out home belongings. Distinct them into Keep, Donate or Discard.
- Plan a garage sale - donate, sell or trash unnecessary items to avoid surplus charges.
- Return rented or borrowed items; and get things back you have lent out.
- Start using up food, gas, etc before you move to new place.
5 Weeks to Go
- Gather all required packing supplies - boxes, cartons, packaging tape, bubble wraps, markers, padding materials, stuffing, labeling stickers, etc.
- Start packing with non-essential items - items you don’t use often.
- Prepare a packing plan; and have plenty of packing supplies handy.
- Pack things on the room by room basis.
- Clearly label each box with appropriate tags by room and contents.
- Pinpoint your actual moving date; and process further accordingly.
3-4 Weeks to Go
- Make transportation arrangements for your pets and plants.
- Make transportation arrangements for your bike and car.
- If you still have not made address change in utilities then do on priority basis.
- Notify your friends, insurance companies and credit card companies about change of address.
- Complete tasks you have not yet done which you should do earlier.
- Dispose of hazardous, flammable, etc. Your movers can provide you a list of things which they will not ship.
2 Weeks to Go
- Continue packing of your belongings properly.
- Pack items separately so that you can easily identify at your new place.
- Confirm travel arrangements for your family members and pets.
- Notify your relatives and friends about your move; if you not have yet done.
- Make sure you are consuming up perishables and food items.
- Get rid of flammables such as paint, gas, petrol, kerosene, propane, and gasoline.
- Check your furniture for damage, note damages on inventory or repair the furniture.
1 Week to Go
- Review moving plans and confirm all your moving details.
- Make sure you have finished all the necessary paperwork.
- Coordinate with your packers and movers in Pune.
- Have two copies of inventory and Bill of Lading.
- Pack an essential box to keep with your during on your move.
- Create a box with necessary items which you will need instantly at your new place.
- Continue cleaning the house as you are packing.
- Withdraw cash to tip the movers.
- Make sure you have enough cash to encounter any unexpected expenses.
- Unplug, empty and defrost the refrigerator at least 24hours before the move.
- Once again coordinate with your movers to ensure that everything in ok and streamlined.
Moving Day Checklist
- Get up early and get ready for your move.
- Check every room and ensure everything has been packed.
- Movers will arrive on time.
- Be present or assign a representative there when laborers will load items onto the truck.
- Check with inventory.
- Leave your contact information for new residents to forward mail.
Moving In Checklist
- Reach on time at your new place before movers will reach there.
- You may assign your family member there as a representative.
- Be present there when movers will unload items form the truck.
- Check belongings with your inventory.
- Clean your new home properly.
- Verify utilities like power, water, etc are working properly.
- Instruct movers where to put items.
- Begin unpacking, starting with kitchen, bathroom and other essential items you will need first.
- Rest of tasks you can do gradually day by day in 1 or 2 weeks.